One (1) FTE
The Sr. Lead Software Engineer will analyze and document user needs in order to develop, create, and modify U.S. Army Food Management Information System (AFMIS) applications.
In general, as the Software Engineer – Senior/Lead will develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs; analyze user needs and develop software solutions; design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency; analyze and design databases within an application area; and working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
Specific duties may include, but not be limited to:
• Conducting software system analysis to be used as the basis for the Army Food Management Information System (AFMIS) software system design.
• Conducting software design to be used as the basis for software system development.
• Conducting software system deployment making the software release available on-line for the user community.
• Producing documentation to include items such as: Software Analysis Documentation (SAD); Software Design Document (SDD); Software Version Description (SVD); Interim Change Packages (ICP); and Software Change Packages (SCP).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
• 5 years of experience with: VB.NET, Web Services, SQL Server 2012 (Backend Development), N Tier Development in Windows Environment, XML, PKI Infrastructure experience.
• Must be capable of providing essential software support all Army Food Management Information System (AFMIS) components including the configuration of the hardware devices, testing new software and designing the structure of the network.
• Must be capable of monitoring and maintaining AFMIS software configurations, including event logs.
• Must be capable of testing the operating system software, the networking software and also the computer hardware.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Advanced degree is desirable in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
• DoD 8570 - Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level Two (2) accreditation.