One (1) FTE
The Software Configuration Management Specialist - Senior/Lead will assist the government customer in recommending and implementing configuration management solutions and enforcing configuration management policies and practices.
In general, as the Software Configuration Management Specialist - Senior/Lead you will recommend configuration management solutions that effectively meet customer requirements; plan and coordinate system configuration activities for timely completion; maintain configuration management documentations for reference purposes; develop process improvements to enhance configuration efficiency; determine configuration requirements and develop system configuration procedures; educate staffs about configuration policies and practices; assist in developing tools to support daily configuration management activities; follow and enforce configuration management policies and practices; analyze and resolve configuration problems in a timely fashion; communicate configuration discrepancies to management for immediate resolutions; assist in designing automation tools to support configuration procedures; ensure that system configuration is executed in accordance with customer needs; assist in configuration audits and implement audit recommendations.
Specific tasking includes, but is not limited to:
• Assisting the Government in developing documentation changes for each Software Change Package (SCP) or Interim Change Package (ICP).
• Delivering application software changes to the Configuration Management (CM) team.
• Providing CM support and documentation support for all documentation and software to include software modifications and hardware platforms.
• Performing documentation, tracking, and managing Software Trouble Report/Software Change Reports (STR/SCR) process, including categorization and prioritization and resolution/installation of software changes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Configuration Management tasks to include: Configuration Identification, Configuration Control, Configuration Status Accounting, and Configuration Verification.
• Minimum of five (5) years combined experience involving Security +, Network +, A+, C++, C#, Visual Studio, CA-GEN, .NET, Java, SQL Server/Oracle RDBMS, or Windows OS, WEB/cloud development and/or programming.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience with the current Army Food Management Information System (AFMIS). Four (4) additional years of applicable experience with appropriate certifications may be substituted for the current AFMIS.
• Must be capable of working independently or in a team leader capacity to design, develop, and maintain software for a variety of engineering applications.
• Must be capable of working with analysts to understand their analytic or interface requirements.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Advanced degree is desirable in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
• Minimum of a DoD 8570 - Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level One (1) certification