Five (5) FTE Positions - 1 of the 5 has to have TS/SCI
The Network Engineer will provide support to network infrastructure installation, network management, and network administration efforts, to include assisting in in the installation, configuration and interconnectivity with Department of Defense (DoD) networks.
The Network Engineer provides support to network infrastructure installation and network management efforts to include, assisting in in the installation, configuration and interconnectivity with DoD networks. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
• Analyzing and diagnosing computer and communications problems to determine causes and make recommendations as to necessary corrective actions.
• Perform installation of various network equipment/hardware, to include wireless, wired, data systems, and VOIP.
• Managing, operating, and supporting the secure and non-secure Virtual Private Network (VPN) access and gateways.
• Reviewing and storing the systems, security, and application event logs from servers.
• Implementing and managing a wide range of network security systems, to include firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), vulnerability management system (VMS), and intrusion detection systems (IDS).
• Perform firewall administration; build, configure, implement, and monitor network firewalls; configure the rules, monitoring and troubleshooting the network traffic traversing through the firewall.
• Provide technical input as requested to the Agency network accreditations. This includes helping to prepare input into the CONOPS, A&As, and other documentation that the Government requires to accredit various legacy and emerging systems/networks to include cloud environments.
• Provide support for any Wireless Network, including system design, security, testing, and implementation and training of other system administrators and users.
• Performing core networks configuration control, upgrade, and sustainment.
• Upgrading, sustaining and recommending changes to the existing VMware vSphere environment, including vCenter server, and all associated VMware features.
• Managing, upgrading, sustaining and recommend changes to any cloud environments utilizing Azure and/or Amazon Web services.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business;
• Five (5) years of expert level Network Engineer experience and support in network administration and engineering;
• Demonstrated experience establishing network information requirements in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale networking infrastructure;
• Demonstrated experience designing architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
• Demonstrated experience ensuring network systems are compatible and in compliance with DoD STIGS;
• Demonstrated experience designing, installing, troubleshooting and supporting local area network hardware, software and applications;
• Demonstrated experience providing technical recommendations to management on network structures/architectures.
• Demonstrated experience installing and configuring LAN hardware such as switches, wireless access points, routers and firewalls.
• Demonstrated experience conducting, planning, designing, developing, implementing and providing technical support of DoD network(s) and associated network devices;
• Demonstrated experience developing documentation as required by Defense Information System Network Connection Process Guide;
• Demonstrated experience implementing network security processes and protocols and performing diagnosis/resolution of complex network issues
Preferred Education and Skills:
• Demonstrated experience with DoD and US Navy enterprise IT networks and systems.
• Top Secret Security Clearance or Secret Clearance
• Certification: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (Enterprise, Security, or Collaboration preferable)
• Information Assurance Technician (IAT) -or- Information Assurance Manager (IAM) I, II or III