Four (4) FTE Positions
The Network Administrators will provide support to network infrastructure installation, network management, and network administration efforts, to include assisting in in the installation, configuration and interconnectivity with Department of Defense (DoD) networks.
The Network Administrator provides support to network infrastructure installation and network management efforts to include, assisting in in the installation, configuration and interconnectivity with DoD networks. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in analyzing and diagnosing computer and communications problems to determine causes and make recommendations as to necessary corrective actions.
• Provide support to perform installation of various network equipment/hardware, to include wireless, wired, data systems, and VOIP.
• Assist in managing, operating, and supporting the secure and non-secure Virtual Private Network (VPN) access and gateways.
• Reviewing and storing the systems, security, and application event logs from servers.
• Assist in implementing and managing a wide range of network security systems, to include firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), vulnerability management system (VMS), and intrusion detection systems (IDS).
• Support firewall administration; build, configure, implement, and monitor network firewalls; configure the rules, monitoring and troubleshooting the network traffic traversing through the firewall.
• Provide technical input as requested to the Agency network accreditations. This includes helping to prepare input into the CONOPS, A&As, and other documentation that the Government requires to accredit various legacy and emerging systems/networks to include cloud environments.
• Provide support for any Wireless Network, including system design, security, testing, and implementation and training of other system administrators and users.
• Assist with the core networks configuration control, upgrade, and sustainment.
• Assist in the upgrade, sustaining and recommending changes to the existing VMware vSphere environment, including vCenter server, and all associated VMware features.
• Perform daily Protected Distribution System (PDS) inspections.
• Maintain PDS documentation upon any modifications, additions, or changes occur.
• Assist in managing, upgrading, sustaining and recommend changes to any cloud environments utilizing Azure and/or Amazon Web services.
Required Education and Experience:
Minimum of a High School Diploma
Must have a Secret Clearance
• Five (5) years of expert experience providing successful configuration management planning;
• Demonstrated experience managing network infrastructure and software component types;
• Demonstrated experience designing, building, and implementing network systems;
• Demonstrated experience developing reports concerning network operations and maintenance; troubleshoots network performance issues;
• Demonstrated experience analyzing network traffic and provides capacity-planning solutions;
• Demonstrated experience monitoring and responding to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems;
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance;
• Demonstrated experience managing and/or performing oversight over testing, installation, and supporting network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Demonstrated experience with DoD and US Navy enterprise IT networks and systems.
• Top Secret Security Clearance
• Information Assurance Technician (IAT) -or- Information Assurance Manager (IAM) I, II or III