Responsible for performing Tactical and simulation activities at the Operations Control Center (OCC), in the Integrated Warfare Systems Lab (IWSL) Dahlgren, VA, as assigned by the Lead Tactical Systems Engineer for that respective shift. These duties include performing unique tasks as assigned, providing support the facility users, both corrective and preventive maintenance as well as documentation of work performed (log keeping).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Load tactical and simulations systems and perform simulation and tactical support operations
• Provide console operations in support of special projects
• Develop, modify and deliver combat system simulation test scenarios
• Perform data recording and data analysis on all laboratory equipment
• Responsible for utilizing all applicable security procedures while performing in the IWSL.
• Must be able to support shift work
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIRMENTS:
• The Tactical Systems Engineer shall have 8 years general Naval tactical experience which includes 2 years of Training and simulation system O&M experience.
• Subject matter expert in Tactical Data Links
• Must have the skills necessary to identify interoperability requirements and testing methodologies to ensure all M&S tools maintain interoperability standards. This position requires the training, skills and experience necessary to conduct advanced tactical data link engineering, analysis and simulation systems operations. The candidate will support all aspects of testing Naval tactical systems and tactical data link (TDL) capabilities of C4ISR and weapon systems, to include AEGIS, SSDS and LCS interfaces, Link 16, Link 11, STJ, and JREAP-C.
• Must have an Active Department of Defense Secret Security clearance