Provide Graphic Design services in support of National Geospatial-Intelligence (NGA) Discovery Services Division, Global (CIO-TFDG).
The person filling this position will support the NGA Agile Web Presence (AWP) program providing services to develop and oversee execution of a digital strategy based on relevant user experience principles and NGA user needs in order to maximize digital solutions and increase user engagement on the NGA’s external facing customer websites. Specifically:
• Development of a strategic social media marketing plan.
• Develop creative and efficient ways to ensure technical development team members develop backlog items in a way that connects with customers and maximizes engagement.
• Research and recommend a wide range of content forms, including video, text, still imagery, animation, live action and other content forms that best utilize the technology available on any given social media/digital platform.
• Provide thought leadership on ways to reach and gain attention of target audiences.
• Track and measure analytics and effectiveness of online web presence.
• Conduct design evaluations for NGA’s web enterprises to enable the build out of respective web designs to enhance the user experience.
• Work with team members to evaluate ideas and concepts, assist with making critical decisions affecting the user experience, and incorporate social media marketing techniques.
Job Skills Required:
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
• Degree: High School diploma or Certificate with 7 years' experience within the field, or bachelor's degree with 3 years' experience within the field.
• Demonstrated experience in a role involving Digital Strategy, Content Strategy or User Experience Design.
• Demonstrated experience in designing products for front-end development and web applications
• Demonstrated experience designing user-centered, web-based products (from concept to execution-including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices).
• Demonstrated experience creating, editing, organizing, and storing digital file formats (e.g. tiff, gif, png, pdf, jpg, svg, html, css).
Must have a TS/SCI Clearance
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing strategy or transformation engagements for Federal and Commercial customers.
• Minimum of 1-year experience in Agile Software Development methodologies.
• Minimum of 1-year experience researching, understanding, and/or implementing best practices for web accessibility, usability, and/or technical implementation.
• Minimum of 1-year experience applying visual media design principles, theory, practices, user-centered web design principles and UX processes