Provide support as a Functional Specialist Advisor to the NGA Integration Division, Demand Services Branch (CIO-T-TF/TFIC).
The NGA Integration Division (TFI) enterprise systems require accreditation, configuration and maintenance to fully maximize the capability. Most configuration require system administration skills, PHP, C#, Node and an understanding of transport configurations along with various other web/cloud technologies. The person filling this position will help manage system and database administration to ensure the appropriate server performance supports NGA’s web ecosystem. Specifically:
• Manage the development and document of system: Architectural, Planning, Configuration, Issue Mitigation, Standardization of IT/OPS Processes / Procedures and integration of Best Practices.
• Application of STIGs to managed assets, vulnerability testing, mitigation of findings, application for POAMs and documentation all the proceeding.
• Patch applications for managed applications and associated reporting.
• Response and mitigation of emergent security issues related to managed systems.
• Preparation, presentations and management of documentation related to Assessment & Authorization (A&A).
• Active Directory integration management.
• SCCM (patching system) integration management.
• Installation, configuration, monitoring and management of applications on managed systems.
• Management of virtualized environments and utilization of the associated tools.
• Management, configuration and maintenance of DEVOPS environments.
• Research data requirements, sources and connection requirements.
• Monitoring and maintaining data connections.
• Manage PHP and other web technologies to perform daily application updates and maintenance functions.
• Manage monthly application security patches and updates.
• Participate in the architecture and design of AWS cloud migrations.
• Create and maintain technical documentation associated with development, maintenance, and management of web application.
Minimum Years' of Experience: 11
• Degree: High School diploma or Certificate with 11 years' experience within the field, or bachelor's degree with 7 years' experience within the field.
• Demonstrated experience in documenting management of systems in an enterprise environment.
• Demonstrated experience in managing the system security management in NGA’s primary networks.
• Demonstrated experience managing the deployment, integration, and management of systems in hybrid environments (mix of virtual and physical IT infrastructure).
• Demonstrated experience managing development environments, promotion of applications to test and production, the “develop low deploy high” process, and troubleshooting deployment issues.
• Knowledge and experience with PHP, C#, and Node
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Experience building, securing, deploying, and maintaining Linux/CentOS, Apache or NGINX, and MySQL.
• Demonstrated experience with a cloud-based or DevOps environment and/or open source capabilities (e.g. GITLab, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Jenkins, etc.).
• Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation.
• Possess the ability to operate in a secure, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.