Currently seeking a Jr. Systems Administrator with two (2) or more years of experience in a Windows and Linux based network environment to work in Dahlgren, VA.
The Jr. Systems Administrator will provide support for the classified network and associated infrastructure running a mixture of Windows and Linux operating systems. This involves support for Simulation software products, Navy combat system interfaces, and networks used for testing and training for the NAVY combat system.
Currently seeking a Jr. Systems Administrator with two (2) or more years of experience in a Windows and Linux based network environment.
The Jr. Systems Administrators will provide support for the classified network and associated infrastructure running a mixture of Windows and Linux operating systems. This involves support for Simulation software products, combat system interfaces, and networks used for testing and training for the Navy combat system.
Responsibilities in this position include, but are not limited to, management of a Windows server domain with Windows and Linux workstations and supporting systems and infrastructure in a rapidly changing RDT&E environment. Troubleshoot, install, upgrade and maintain various GOTS applications and associated network equipment. Provide user support and data transfers.
The Jr. System Administrator will maintain Information Assurance compliance on Windows, Linux, and CISCO assets. Manage and maintain HBSS and ACAS servers, apply STIGs, respond to IAVM’s, and ensure IA compliance. Provide support for information assurance artifacts such as SCAP results, STIG checklists, ACAS scans and reports. Assist POA&M and provide comments and inputs for open findings. Provides supporting documentation and artifacts for IAT and Cybersecurity efforts for multiple accreditation packages.
Additional duties include management of networking devices such as CISCO switches and routers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
High School diploma with 2 years relevant work experience
• In depth experience with managing Windows or Linux Operating Systems in complex environment.
• Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
• Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills
• • Two (2) years of Systems Administration experience in a real world setting at a complex site with more than 25 computers running more than one operating system
• Must be able to obtain a clearance at the TOP SECRET (SSBI) level
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II certified within 6 months of hire to include CompTIA Security + certification
• Working technical knowledge of networking and PC operating systems, including Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012, and Redhat Linux.
• Work with help desk ticketing system for problem tracking and resolution
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues in a complex network environment
• Able to install, support, and troubleshoot PC hardware components and peripherals
• Provide support to user community by responding to requests for technical assistance
• Able to apply patches and updates
• Configure systems in accordance with DISA security policies
• Redhat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA)
• Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP)
• CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+ or other related certifications
• Microsoft Windows Certifications (MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCIPT)
• Experience with DoD 8570 M Information Assurance requirement
• ACAS training
• Knowledge of the AEGIS combat system