Currently seeking a Technician with two (2) or more years of experience in a support computer systems in lab environment to work in Moorestown, NJ.
The Technician will provide support for the Navy Combat Systems running a mixture of Windows and Linux computer systems. This involves support for Simulation hardware and software products, combat system interfaces, and networks used for testing and training for the NAVY combat system supporting AEGIS, SSDS, LCS.
Currently seeking a Technician with two (2) or more years of experience in a Lab environment working working with computer systems and network equipment.
The Technician will provide support for installation, operation and maintain complex M&S computer systems within a technical systems environment used for testing and training for the NAVY combat systems to include AEGIS, SSDS, and LCS.
Responsibilities in this position include, but are not limited to, management of a Windows and Linux workstations and supporting systems and infrastructure in a rapidly changing RDT&E environment. Troubleshoot, preventative/corrective maintenance, installs, upgrades and maintain various GOTS/COTS systems and associated network equipment.
The Technician will support customers in a lab environment and will provide lab support for equipment used for testing and training. Setting configurations, equipment interfaces and data extraction requirements. Conduct, analyze and coordinate testing, report any findings and/or discrepancies. Solve hardware and software interface problems, define input and output parameters, and ensure integration of systems
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
High School diploma with 2 years relevant work experience or; an Associates Degree with 1 years relevant work experience
• In depth experience with managing hardware and software in a Windows or Linux Computer Systems in complex environment.
• Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
• Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills
• Two (2) years of technical experience in a real world setting at a complex site with RDT&E
• Must be able to obtain a clearance at the SECRET level
• Working Knowledge of computer systems hardware
• Working technical knowledge of networking and PC systems, including Windows and Redhat Linux.
• Work with help desk ticketing system for problem tracking and resolution
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues in a complex network environment
• Able to install, support, and troubleshoot PC hardware components and peripherals
• Provide support to user community by responding to requests for technical assistance
• Knowledge of the NAVY combat system