Minimum Experience: Must have three (3) years of demonstrated knowledge and experience in NGEN/NMCI networks and their installation and experience of networks, their configurations, and their interconnectivity. The IT Analyst/Specialist shall have demonstrated experience as described above. Relevant experience may include the following:
- Installing network equipment, hardware, and software including, but not limited to switches, routers, etc., and the cabinets and infrastructure to support these devices.
- Developing, designing, documenting, maintaining, evaluating, supporting and providing problem resolution for computer and IT systems applications to perform a variety of technical and analytical services across the systems development lifecycle to include IT Portfolio Management.
- Maintenance or development of software/database programs/applications or demonstrated ability in installation, set-up and operation of computer systems applicable to networks.
- Supporting assessments of organization's challenges using specialized skills and knowledge.
Contributes to the execution of project or task plan and helps assess the impact of industry trends, policy or standard methodologies.
- Conducting activities in support of the project team's objectives.
- Trained and qualified to operate aerial work platforms and scissor lifts that are necessary for the repair and installation of cabling and or conduit. The location of existing conduit being at most times 20’ to 30’, aerial runs and wireless access point installations make the use of a 60’ to 120’ high lifts a requirement, to include operation of the life in the Controlled Industrial Area (CIA) of the shipyard.
- Ability to move and maneuver up to 50 pounds of weight (computer hardware, accessories, support equipment, etc.).
- Knowledge to operate software applications which support service desk operations (e.g. caller ticket documentation application)
- Knowledge and proficiency to work with the following test equipment examples include: Fluke
Fiber Test/Certifications Kits, DTX Cable Analyzer Series, Agilent Pro Fiber Test/Certification Kits, Noyes OTDR Fiber Test/Certification Kits, Fluke CAT5e/6 Test/Certification Kits.
- Knowledge and proficiency to work with test equipment. Examples include, configuring, installing and administering the following hardware/software (including, but not limited to):
- Hardware: network switches (CISCO Nexus series 3000/5000/7000 and Cisco Catalyst series);routers (CISCO series 2800, 2900, 6500 and 7600); McAfee Firewall Enterprise; Cisco Secure Access Control System Appliance Model # 3415, Iron Port eMail Firewalls; CISCO Wireless
Intrusion Prevention systems (WIPS), Aruba wireless networks, AirTight Network Devices, McAfee Firewall Enterprise, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Juniper encryptors, External DNS, F5 BigIP.
- Software: MS Windows operating systems; UNIX/Linux operating systems; SQL Server 2008/2012; Cisco Secure Access Control System Ver. 5.4, Splunk, Solar Winds, Cisco ISE, and AutoCAD.
- Wireless Network Hardware/Software: Including but not limited to; Aruba AP/WIDS Model #s 125/134 /135/175, Aruba Controllers Model #s 6000/3000, AirTight Network Devices, and Aruba Airwave Management Platform (Software).
Education: Contractor shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related discipline AND at least three (3) years of experience as described above; OR five (5) years of relevant experience as described above.